The candidate must be adept at working in a dynamic environment, troubleshooting computer-related issues, setting up and configuring equipment, and collaborating with other IT specialists. As a Computer Technician, you will be responsible for ensuring employee satisfaction with their computer hardware and software, in addition to maintaining the network's up-to-date status.
- Resolve computer-related issues.
- Conduct diagnostic testing on computer systems.
- Read and comprehend computer manuals and technical documentation
- Proficient in replacing components on MacBook and Windows laptops
- Skilled in replacing screens for iPhone, iPad, and Microsoft Surface devices
- Proficient in repairing and soldering motherboards with component-level replacements
- Competent in reinstalling operating systems and recovering files
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware and software
- Experience with diagnostic tools and troubleshooting techniques
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals and documentation
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills to provide technical support to non-technical users
- Attention to detail and ability to follow instructions
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team